What I used:
5 tenderized skinless, boneless, organic chicken breasts.
1 package of sliced mushrooms
Whole wheat flour
2 cups fat free chicken broth
1/2 cup cooking white wine
3 tbsp capers
1/3 cup chopped parsley
2 tbsp lemon juice
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/3 cup chopped onions
Everything cooked in coconut oil
- In a bowl mix together 5 teaspoons of flour and 2 cups of chicken broth.
- Tenderize chicken and season with salt and pepper and lightly flour each side.
- Place a spoon full of coconut oil on a skillet. Heat on low/medium.
- Cook chicken until it is browned on each side. Place aside.
- Cook mushrooms in a separate pan until they have browned. Place aside.
- In a deep skillet place onions and allow them to cook through for at least 3 minutes. Then add garlic, wine, and lemon juice and cook until it is half reduced. Next, put in the broth-flour mixture, capers and the remaining salt. Bring to a simmer and stir until the sauce thickens.
- In the sauce mixture add the parsley, cooked mushrooms, and chicken.
You have the option to add a carb like pasta. I personally cooked up some zucchini ribbons!
TRY IT OUT! Post pictures and hashtag #bareintentions !